IBM has announced a partnership with privileged account management (PAM) vendor Thycotic, which will involve Thycotic's Secret Server product being OEMed as IBM Security Secret Server.
- Ovum sees this development as part of a broader consolidation in this market, as well as its gradual shift for PAM from the on-premises paradigm into the cloud.
Features and Benefits
- Describes privileged access management and how the sector is evolving.
- Explains what is driving a lot of the M&A activity in the PAM market.
Key questions answered
- What are the various names for PAM?
- How are IBM and Thycotic working together and what happens to existing customers on the IBM PIM product?
Table of contents
Targeted attacks have raised the profile of PAM
M&A has expanded PAM vendors’ capabilities
IBM gets full-featured PAM with the Thycotic deal
IBM Secret Server from the cloud is on the roadmap