At the Huawei Connect 2018 event in Shanghai in October, the company unveiled its full-stack vision for artificial intelligence (AI). Underpinning the vision is Ascend, a set of dedicated microprocessors for AI acceleration and using Huawei's Da Vinci architecture.
- Ascend is Huawei's new positioning as an AI hardware accelerator provider.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the context of Huawei's entry into the AI hardware accelerator space.
- Analyzes Huawei's full-stack AI offering.
Key questions answered
- When will Huawei launch its new Ascend chips?
- How powerful will Ascend be in tera/petaflops?
Table of contents
Ascend is Huawei's new positioning as an AI hardware accelerator provider
Huawei joins a surge in AI platform releases from industry players
Huawei full-stack AI portfolio spans cloud and edge AI applications