This report introduces a unique AI maturity assessment model that helps communications service providers (CSPs) determine their AI strengths and weaknesses, and how to move forward and improve their position.
- Ovum has identified four core phases of AI maturity: AI Novice, AI Ready, AI Proficient, and AI Advanced. We have designed a corresponding assessment model, in partnership with Amdocs, that identifies the AI development phase to which a CSP belongs.
- AI Novice CSPs typically adopt a wait-and-see approach to AI, partly due to uncertainty about how to progress. They may hope that holding back will enable them to learn from other CSPs' mistakes and successes.
- AI Advanced CSPs cannot be complacent or assume that their work is done. CSPs in this segment have done extremely well, but they must have the agility and flexibility to adjust their strategy to make the most of new opportunities.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the four development phases on the journey to AI maturity.
- Understand how to assess CSP AI maturity across core parameters: strategy, organization, data, technology, and operations.
- Benefit from next-step recommendations to progress and improve AI maturity and positioning.
Key questions answered
- How can service providers assess their AI capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses?
- What are the key development phases in the road to AI maturity?
- How can AI be improved at a strategy, organizational, data, technology, and operational level?
Table of contents
The journey to AI maturity
Development phases in AI maturity
Determining the AI maturity phase
AI maturity model: core pillars and assessment criteria
AI maturity phases: detailed view
Next steps: how to progress in the AI journey
Recommendations for CSPs with AI Novice scores
Recommendations for CSPs with AI Ready scores
Recommendations for CSPs with AI Proficient scores
Recommendations for CSPs with AI Advanced scores