At this year's DataWorks Summit in Berlin, Hortonworks' message was twofold: the company is adopting more use-case-driven messaging and putting metadata at the core of its strategy.
- Hortonworks' strategy is to demonstrate how its platform can make "data work" for enterprises, or how it can assist current and prospective customers in their digital transformation.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Hortonworks' shift toward more use-case-driven messaging.
- Identifies the importance of a common metadata framework for Hortonworks and other big data platforms.
Key questions answered
- Who is Hortonworks targeting with its use-case-driven messaging strategy?
- Why is a common metadata framework important for Hortonworks and other big data platforms?
Table of contents
From Hadoop to DataWorks: A more use-case-focused message
Metadata at the core of Hortonworks' strategy