This is an update of the Hong Kong telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulations. It includes service provider performance, MVNO, TV, and OTT market outlook.
- All four MNOs are committed to performing 5G trials, aiming to be ready to launch 5G commercial service when 5G spectrum is available and 5G-suitable devices are ready in the market.
- PCCW is building a strong portfolio in Hong Kong's local media market while also expanding its global presence through its pan-regional OTT platform Viu.
- Telcos have used artificial intelligence (AI) in customer service as well as in their products and solutions. In 2018, SmarTone claimed to be the first Hong Kong mobile operator to successfully launch a bilingual AI chatbot, "S-Bot," in its contact center.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
Key questions answered
- What are the market dynamics in the mobile and fixed segments of the Hong Kong market?
- What is the 5G-available spectrum release plan?
- Who are the main pay-TV and OTT video players in Hong Kong?
- How did the operators' perform in 2018?
Table of contents
Download 1: Hong Kong: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report