This is an update of Hong Kong’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and TV/video market outlook.
- Benefiting from the country's economic recovery, both mobile and fixed subscription counts increased in 2017. Total mobile subscriptions grew 3% over 2017, to 12.1 million, while fixed broadband subs count increased slightly, rising 0.5%, to 2.9 million.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the performances of major incumbents.
- Analyzes the developing opportunities in the OTT industry.
- Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of key players.
Key questions answered
- What caused the performance decline of most operators?
- How will the market change in the next year?
Table of contents
Download 1: Hong Kong Update, May 2018