This is a forecast for 40G, 100G, 200G, and 400G optical components. It predicts the growth of optical transceivers and components such as actives, passives, and ICs. This forecast shows the evolution of high-speed optical components. The entire market will grow by 11%, with most of the opportunities in 100G and 400G products.
- The high-speed optical components (OC) market, while stressed for over a year, has now recovered and will see major growth over the next five years. While 40G products will decline and disappear, 100G and 400G will flourish. ICPs growth is fueling both the high-speed datacom and high-speed telecoms markets.
- The bulk of optical components will be sold into the 100G market throughout the forecasting period but will actually see a slight contraction due to price erosion and the onset of 400G products. By 2023, 100G will still represent about 70% of the market, while 400G will have about 26% of the revenue. The overall high-speed optical components market will grow by 11%.
Features and Benefits
- Helps optical components suppliers identify which products they should focus their developments on and which they should start to prepare for end of life.
- Helps OC suppliers compare their current plans with the overall market demand and steer them into a course of action.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeing the high-speed OC market in the next five years?
- What products will be essential for market growth and expansion?
- How will the high-speed OC products be impacted by other market dynamics such as ICP data center growth and 5G deployment?
Table of contents
Download 1: High-Speed OC Forecast: 2018–23