Google's messages at its Next '18 conference shined a spotlight on its enterprise credentials and open source friendliness.
- Google highlighted its partnership strategy for targeting the enterprise cloud computing market.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the role of open source in the Google cloud technology portfolio.
- Discusses why the re-platforming of Google's JSON document database is significant.
- Assesses where Google stands in building the partnership network to provide the right credentials for enterprises.
Key questions answered
- How does Google's progress with partnerships compare with AWS?
- What is the role of open source in the Google cloud portfolio?
- Why is the change of name of Google's JSON document database from Cloud Datastore to Cloud Firestore significant?
- How does Google Cloud Firestore compare with Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB?
Table of contents
Raising the profile of partners
Playing the open source card
Extending the reach of AI
Google's JSON database gets a new identity and architecture