The buzz around cloud gaming is reaching fever pitch. Google unveiled its Stadia platform at the 2019 Game Developers Conference. It was a landmark moment for cloud gaming, setting in motion a trend that will have a lasting effect on all TMT players.
- Despite its relatively small addressable market and technological challenges, cloud gaming offers several opportunities across the TMT industry. Leading technology companies including Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Nvidia have already ramped up investments in this area.
- The imminent rollout of 5G networks, promising high speeds and low latency, has inspired operators and network providers to look to include cloud gaming as part of their 5G service offerings. This has led to a surge of new partnerships with cloud gaming providers from the likes of AT&T, SK Telecom, Verizon, and Vodafone.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the activities of all key players in the cloud gaming space.
- Evaluates Google's announcement and its potential impact on the video gaming and broader TMT ecosystems.
Key questions answered
- What opportunities does cloud gaming offer to the key players in the TMT industry?
- What impact will cloud gaming have on incumbent game hardware companies and content creators?
Table of contents
Cloud gaming is experiencing a renaissance
A new battleground is emerging for gaming companies
Cloud gaming offers opportunities across the TMT sector