Security is a key battleground for cloud service providers (CSPs).
- Numbers two and three in the market, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), must not only evangelize about the benefits of multicloud, but also embrace heterogeneity for the cloud security technologies.
Features and Benefits
- Describes how Google is addressing security for virtual machines and containers.
- Explains how container security presents a different challenge.
Key questions answered
- What are Google's particular strengths in IaaS and PaaS?
- How is the company positoining Anthos, and how will this work with its cloud security technology?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Google secures VMs and containers on GCP
Serverless security is also on its roadmap
Cloud SCC integrates with third-party security tools
GCP’s approach to VM and container security
CSCC spans the main categories for VM security
Google takes a three-pronged approach to container security
Anthos is Google’s hybrid and multicloud play
Anthos enables management across hybrid environments
The current focus for Anthos is on hybrid cloud
Security will also need to be multicloud
Security products aren’t available in Anthos
Anthos has some built-in security capabilities
Google’s K8s and container security nous should help here