After decades of dominance, TV advertising revenues have now been overtaken by digital. This report looks at the steps the traditional TV sector should take to fight back against the digital challenge.
- Small levels of TV advertising growth can be maintained by simply leveraging TV’s historic strength in building and reinforcing brands over the medium to long term. But Ovum has identified several steps that TV can take to do better than simply sustain low growth levels.
- TV can, and must, add greater flexibility to its offering by adding a capability to provide shorter-term performance-based advertising to supplement its revenue pool.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies what the TV advertising market needs to do to cope with growing competition from other media – most notably from digital advertising.
- Analyzes the current status of the TV advertising market and its future direction, with forecasts to 2023.
Key questions answered
- How is TV advertising faring when measured on the basis of revenue per viewing minute?
- Will TV advertising revenues continue to grow? And, if so, by how much?
Table of contents
Download 1: Global TV Advertising Forecast Report: 2005–23