This report highlights the key trends driving the data center interconnect (DCI) and purpose-built DCI optical network equipment segments. This market is projected to exceed $7bn by 2023.
- The purpose-built DCI market is poised to surpass the $1.0bn mark with the close of 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the long-term drivers that underpin the DCI market.
- Describes the technology shift to purpose-built DCI platforms.
Key questions answered
- How fast will the overall DCI segment grow?
- How fast will the purpose-built DCI segment grow?
Table of contents
The global DCI market is forecast to exceed $7bn by 2023
Long-range market forecast drivers and barriers
ICPs' business objectives drive their capital plans
The evolution to a network of data centers
Carrier-neutral data center operators' role in the ecosystem
The intra-data center 400G upgrade cycle will enable further DCI bandwidth growth
Compute and storage to the network edge
Subsea data center interconnect
Product group forecasts
The North American ICP market leads technology adoption
Market scenarios and warning signs
The long-term growth prospects of DCI remain strong
The possible headwinds in the DCI market