German recorded-music trade body BVMI has reported a second consecutive flat 12-month period for retail sales of recorded music, with total spending edging down year on year.
- Germany could be set for more years of modest changes in total recorded-music sales, with future growth dependent on maintaining the audio subscription momentum.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest recorded-music retail sales figures published by German music trade association BVMI.
- Assesses sales by format and looks ahead to the possibility that this year may also be difficult for the recorded-music sector.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music sales in Germany come from streaming?
- Which other revenue source for German record companies in addition to streaming registered sharp growth last year?
Table of contents
All square in the digital gain and physical decline
Closing in on the audio streaming tipping point
Comparing changes in streams served with access revenue