The German recorded-music trade body BVMI has reported a flat 12-month period for retail sales of recorded music, with total spending edging down year-on-year.
- Although consumer spending on digital formats and services registered healthy growth, the biggest fall in sales of physical formats for more than 10 years ended four straight years of spending growth.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest recorded-music retail sales figures in Germany.
- Examines sales by format and assesses what the future holds for the country's recorded-music market.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue generator for record companies in Germany?
- What share of retail sales came from streaming in Germany last year?
Table of contents
Digital gains unable to offset physical format decline
Closing in on the digital tipping point
Streams served rise faster than access revenue