German authors’ society GEMA has reported its financial details for 2018. Although collections and distributions were unable to match the previous year's record levels, the underlying performance was positive.
- Public performance and broadcasting, the two biggest collection sources, recorded another year of modest growth, while digital revenue grew sharply.
Features and Benefits
- Details 2018 financials for German authors' society GEMA.
- Examines collections by source and explains how the rise in digital recorded-music sales in the country have had a positive impact on digital collections.
Key questions answered
- What share of royalty collections for authors in Germany are generated by digital sources?
- What is the biggest revenue generator for authors and publishers in Germany?
Table of contents
Positive year for collections despite year-on-year decline
Steady performance for the main revenue sources
Digital collections reach new milestone