German authors' society GEMA has reported its financial details for 2017.
- Both collections and distributions increased to new record levels, and with costs rising at a slower level, the cost-to-revenue ratio was down in the year.
Features and Benefits
- Details the 2017 collection results by German authors' society GEMA.
- Details collections by source and includes the views of the GEMA CEO on the value gap and the digital transition in recorded-music sales.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for German authors and publishers?
- What share of total collections come from digital sources?
Table of contents
Record year for collections and distributions
Mixed performance by revenue source
Digital collections still fail to reflect use