This report contextualizes the results of Ovum's Game Console Device Forecast: 2019–24, analyzing the key trends shaping the future of the game console market, and assessing the opportunities on offer for telcos, hardware manufacturers, OTT platform owners, game developers, and publishers as the next generation of video gaming emerges and evolves.
- The global game console installed base will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% between 2019 and 2024, as household penetration grows in emerging markets and many consumers retain their eighth-generation consoles as secondary devices used for game and media streaming.
- Game console unit sales will move between growth and decline from 2019 to 2024, at an overall CAGR of 0.9%.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the results of Ovum's Game Console Device Forecast: 2019–24, which covers 20 individual markets plus regional forecasts.
- Identifies the key trends affecting sales, installed base, household penetration, and connectivity of home game consoles, and how they will impact the market and deliver opportunities for other TMT players over the next five years.
- Provides recommendations for players across the TMT ecosystem of how best to react to trends impacting the home game console market.
Key questions answered
- How many game consoles will be sold and in use between 2019 and 2024?
- How many game consoles will be connected and addressable by OTT services in 2024?
- What will the main opportunities be for other TMT players, such as operators and OTT service providers, as the game console market evolves?
- What impact will cloud gaming technology and services have on the game console hardware market over the next five years?
- How has Nintendo reversed its fortunes in the home game console market with the Switch, and what will its strategy be going forward?
Table of contents
Download 1: Game Console Device Forecast Report: 2019–24