Now that governments around the world support music businesses and musicians through funding programs, the private sector must also do its bit.
- Although music industry revenue continues to increase on the back of rising streaming sales, the financial benefits aren't spread evenly among record labels or artists, nor do they help those ailing segments of the live music sector.
- That's why governments around the world support music businesses and musicians through funding programs.
- However, state funding is often in short supply, with music often in competition for finance with other creative endeavors.
Features and Benefits
- Describes how funding programs support the music industry.
- Gives examples of successful funding programs.
- Assesses how private sector funding could work.
Key questions answered
- What funding programs are currently operating in the music industry?
- What role could private companies play in music industry funding?
Table of contents
Funding programs to support the music sector
Establishing a funding template
Time for the private sector to step up