French music trade association SNEP has reported a third straight year of growth for trade earnings from recorded-music sales.
- For the first time trade, earnings from digital sales and services surpassed sales of physical formats. Furthermore, audio subscriptions overtook CD albums to become the biggest revenue source.
Features and Benefits
- Details the 2018 trade figures published by local trade association SNEP.
- Examines sales by format along with subscriber numbers and streams served.
Key questions answered
- How many subscribers to music subscription services were there in France at the end of 2018?
- What is the biggest revenue generator for French record companies?
Table of contents
Modest rise in French recorded-music trade revenue
Streaming and vinyl the growth providers
Comparing changes in streams served with access revenue