This update provides a detailed analysis of all of France's main music industry sectors.
- France ended last year as the world's fifth-largest music market for trade revenue from recorded music sales, according to the IFPI.
- For both physical and digital music earnings, the country was ranked fifth, but for income from performance rights and synchronization France was third and fourth, respectively.
Features and Benefits
- Details all aspects and sectors of the French music industry.
- Covers recorded-music sales, royalty collections, digital music retail, broadcasting, and the live sector.
Key questions answered
- What share of French recorded-music sales originate from digital sources?
- What is the biggest revenue source for French authors and publishers?
Table of contents
Two years of growth after two years of decline
The three music retail sector leaders
Rights protection and royalty collections
HADOPI performance metrics
Record year for authors' rights
Mixed year for performance rights
Radio remains a popular broadcast medium
Leading TV broadcasters continue to lose viewing share
Financial support for the live sector