An in-depth analysis of the European TV and OTT video sectors. Driven by Ovum’s proprietary forecasts, and covering both Western and Eastern Europe, this report examines the trends shaping these markets and their evolution over the next five years.
- With initial growth spurts from Netflix and Amazon Prime now peaking, future OTT video growth will come from "skinny" subscription-based linear (SLIN) streaming channel packages and, to a lesser extent, broadcaster-aligned services.
- Europe's leading TV networks will increasingly face a challenging financial environment and will therefore diversify into digital segments to reduce their reliance on spot TV advertising.
Features and Benefits
- Use Ovum's key predictions to evaluate opportunities that are opening up in crucial European markets.
- Assess how traditional pay-TV services are faring against intense competition from OTT video giants such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Key questions answered
- What are the prospects for growth among Europe's leading pay-TV and video operators such as Tricolor, Sky, Vodafone, Netflix, and Divan.TV?
- Will pay-TV ARPU be able to continue to grow over the next five years, as competition from low-cost OTT video intensifies even further?
Table of contents
Download 1: Europe TV and OTT Video Forecast Report