This forecast sizes the market potential for esports. It provides revenue breakdowns by media rights, streaming advertising, sponsorship, ticket sales, and consumer contributions to tournament prize pots. The forecast covers 27 countries and rest-of regions, eight subregions, and four regions.
- Sponsorship will remain the largest revenue type throughout the forecast period, but its lead is set to be cut significantly by media rights, which will see prices rise due to fierce competition for the most popular events.
Features and Benefits
- Demonstrates where the key opportunities lie in terms of esports revenue streams.
- Analyzes which countries and regions are pulling ahead and falling behind in a market with much geographic variation.
Key questions answered
- What will be driving esports growth over the next five years?
- What are the fastest- and slowest-growing areas in terms of revenue type and country?
Table of contents
Download 1: Esports Revenue Forecast: 2018–23