This spreadsheet projects unit sales for eSIM-compatible smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other portable devices for the 2017–22 period. Forecasts are provided for five major regional markets.
- Ovum expects the eSIM market to grow from 4.4 million to 612 million device unit sales between 2017 and 2022. The inclusion of eSIM on the latest iPhone models will lead to a huge increase in eSIM sales in 2018 and should lead to the wider adoption of the technology in the smartphone market.
- Smartphones will make up more than 90% of all eSIM sales by 2022, with plenty of room for further growth as only 28% of smartphones sold in 2022 will use eSIM.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the size of the eSIM-compatible device market.
- Compares eSIM technology adoption across multiple device segments and regions.
Key questions answered
- How many smartphones sold will eSIM-compatible in the next five years?
- What is the share of wearables that will feature eSIM technology in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: eSIM Device Sales Forecast: Smartphones, Tablets, and Wearables, 2017–22