Based on Ovum’s attendance at the Enterprise Connect 2019 conference held recently in Orlando, Florida, Ovum identified several evolving themes regarding the contact center and customer engagement marketplace.
- Ovum believes that each of the identified themes will have a significant effect on the customer engagement industry, although the magnitude of their effects, the timing, and the specific market segments affected will vary.
Features and Benefits
- The report enables enterprises and vendors to assess, evaluate, and prepare for the coming changes in contact center operations.
- Recommendations enable readers to analyze their current customer engagement situation and evaluate necessary changes to meet the changing marketplace.
Key questions answered
- When and how will artificial intelligence affect the voice channel and affected agent counts?
- Will the unified communication and contact center markets come together for SMBs and enterprises?
- How and when will cloud marketing platforms enhance contact center operations and what will be the benefits?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Artificial intelligence is driving augmented service
Better agent experience to be initial focus of AI support
Meeting customer expectations will soon be a possibility
Marketing platforms will enhance personalization
Customer engagement offerings do not meet today's needs
Marketing platforms can supplement CRM input in real time
The unified communications/contact center merger
There are significant benefits to merging UC and CC
Vendors are already making moves to merge their offerings
Interesting new companies and things to watch
Newer UC and CC market entrants and offerings
Speech analysis beyond sentiment and emotion detection