Any enterprise, regardless of size, can benefit from implementing an ERP system to manage its business processes. An ERP system can automate many processes and streamline back-office operations.
- ERP deployments can involve a lot of work, but doing the groundwork upfront ensures the software is properly configured and customized for the business's processes, providing long-term benefits.
- SMEs looking to deploy enterprise applications should not feel daunted by the implementation process, because cloud-based ERP is a long way away from traditional, on-premises deployments, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Application vendors can meet the needs of SMEs and startups by offering rapid deployments, products that are easy to configure to specific business needs, and post-deployment customer support.
Features and Benefits
- Explores the experience of Lexatys, a specialist engineering firm that manufactures microwave components, in selecting and deploying a new ERP solution.
- Analyzes the benefits of deploying modern cloud-based applications in terms of speed and access to new functionality.
- Explains the benefits of software as the business develops and how to tailor it to your requirements.
Key questions answered
- What are the benefits for an enterprise of adopting a modern cloud-based ERP solution?
- How do rapid deployment methodologies for business applications work, and can they fulfill their claims?
- What are best practices for ERP deployment in an SME?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Using an ERP system to streamline business processes in manufacturing engineering
Setting the business context
The role of ICT/services in solving the problem
Start at an earlier stage of business growth
Even if you do not deploy fully, you can still get started with the basics
Modern ERP deployment can be achieved in well under six months