The purpose of the present research is to reveal the instances where AI has seen the most investment and interest from organizations, and where it has had the most effect on customer experience.
- The 2017/18 Ovum ICT Enterprise Insights survey revealed that approximately half of respondents planned to increase their investments in various AI technologies over the following 18 months; including those who planned to maintain their existing investments, the figure was closer to 75%.
- Interest in adding AI to the corporate toolbox is high, but actual deployment of those tools has been slow. Full deployments of AI technologies among survey respondents ranged from 10–16% overall, with a further 20–25% in trials.
Features and Benefits
- Learn how use of artificial intelligence has expanded in the enterprise customer experience.
- Analyzes consumer response to AI tools.
- Identifies critical factors for AI adoption.
Key questions answered
- How are businesses using artificial intelligence to change customer experience?
- Where has AI been most successful so far in business?
- What influences adoption of customer-facing AI?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
IT continues to invest in AI
Perspective for the numbers
What is the state of the tech stack?
Consumers are not quite halfway to AI acceptance
The uncanny valley