Beyond the hype surrounding new games at the E3 event, the big focus was on the future of consoles and gaming as a whole. The resurgence of cloud gaming threatens the incumbent game console makers, which are having to adapt quickly to remain competitive.
- Game consoles currently enjoy strong support from publishers and are the flag bearers for "triple-A" gaming. Their relevance will, however, start diminishing from the mid-2020s, when cloud gaming becomes more widely adopted. Console makers are starting to acknowledge this looming threat.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the current state of the game console market, how it is positioned in the broader gaming market, and where it is heading.
- Assesses the steps that game console makers are taking to protect themselves against the likes of Google, Amazon, and Apple.
Key questions answered
- What growth is being seen by the game console makers, and how will this be affected by cloud gaming over the next decade?
- What future opportunities does cloud gaming provide to Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo?
Table of contents
Game consoles are here to stay… for now
Cloud gaming is a blessing in disguise for console makers
Console makers are joining forces against the disruptors