Recently (May 2020), Dish’s IoT strategy took a significant turn as it wrote down over $250 million of its investment in its NB-IoT network.
- Having previously announced that it would pursue an NB-IoT strategy, Dish halted development and wrote down earlier investments. Dish is instead pivoting to focus on its 5G strategy.
Features and Benefits
- Learn how Dish's approach differs from other North American carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, and the New T Mobile. Could this approach work for other carriers?
- Analyze the perceived benefits of NB-IoT as an IoT game changer versus the emergence of 5G.
Key questions answered
- Is NB-IoT a requirement for a CSP to be successful in the IoT space?
- Can Dish partner with tech giants to succeed as a CSP in the IoT space?
Table of contents
For Dish NB-IoT but not worth the cost
5G is paramount to a successful IoT strategy
The IoT landscape in the US could rapidly change