This report is one of a series of studies of the digital strategies of major operators around the world. This profile assesses Zain's digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group's digital businesses.
- Zain has adjusted its digital strategy over the past few years. Zain's digital service development in 2017–18 was based on multiple transformational initiatives and lacked focus. It has recently further tweaked its digital strategy, which is named "4sight" to show the focus on network and infrastructure modernization and service innovation.
- Zain is adopting digital transformation across its operations and processes. The launch of zBot, based on AI, and implementation of the Zain Group API Layer indicate Zain's digital strategy for customer-facing products and service and for how these services are brought to the market.
- Zain has gained traction with the implementation of the Zain Group API Layer. The implementation of Zain Group API Management Layer in February 2018 in Kuwait has been expanded to other countries. Although in its infancy, the platform has monetization potential as partner contribution and engagement increases with further expansion of scale.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the importance and maturity of digital services for Zain Group.
- Evaluates Zain's digital strategy.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers for digital services in Zain's key markets?
- What are Zain's short-term and long-term goals for digital development?
Table of contents
Zain's digital strategy is refined for increased operational focus
Zain's digital strategy guides service launches, capex, and partnerships
Digital service development
Internal digital transformation
Expanding digital services portfolio to meet consumer needs
Building enterprise solutions
Digital strategy results
Non-SMS data revenue on the rise
Group API Layer gaining traction