This is one of a series of studies of the digital strategies of leading global operators. This profile assesses Deutsche Telekom's digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group's digital services.
- For DT, digitalization involves not only a change of back-end functions, but also the transformation of customer services, the creation of new avenues of revenue, innovation, and market impact.
- Like many of its European counterparts, DT no longer operates a self-contained digital business unit (DBU) dedicated to the development and delivery of digital services; it has spread such operations across its Technology and Innovation department.
- T-Mobile US remains on a growth trajectory, and DT's other segments are also seeing growth.
Features and Benefits
- Examines DT's growth potentials in the digital business segment.
- Analyzes DT's digital footprint and approach to digital development.
Key questions answered
- Which areas of digital services has DT maintained or changed over the years?
- What are the key focus areas for T-System's digital activities?
Table of contents
DT invests in entertainment and expands its enterprise services
T-Mobile US remains on a growth trajectory
DT plays in the strongest economies in the western hemisphere
Digital services development
DT's across-the-board approach continues
T-Systems' ICT and cloud, IoT, and security services
AI, machine learning, and analytics
Partnerships, startup funding, and internal innovations
Digital revenues and prospects