This is one of a series of digital-operator profiles analyzing the digital strategies of leading global operators. This profile assesses China Mobile’s digital strategy, its digital-service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group’s digital businesses.
- China Mobile has a corporate strategy with a clear focus on digital. The MNO’s 2016-20 “Big Connectivity” strategy includes an ambitious vision: “To become a global leading operator in innovative digital services.”
- China Mobile has built a specialized operational structure across the group, consisting of geographical subsidiaries and specialized operational organizations, to improve operational efficiency and facilitate synergies across the group.
- China Mobile has a multipronged approach to building digital service competence. It has positioned itself by developing a set of approaches including in-house innovation, incubation, and collaboration with partners.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses China Mobile's digital strategy and identifies its main tactics.
- Learn about the digital service developments and deployments at China Mobile.
- Learn about China Mobile's digital innovation approaches.
- Evaluates China Mobile's digital services' prospective.
Key questions answered
- What is China Mobile's digital vision?
- What are China Mobile's key focus areas in the digital service segment?
- How does China Mobile's plan to transform its organization to enable digital service development?
Table of contents
Corporate strategy leads digital transformation
Operating in one of the highest-potential digital markets in Asia
Digital service development
Core digital services
Digital innovation approaches
Digital revenue and prospects