This profile assesses Bharti Airtel's digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group's digital businesses.
- The operator received around 54% of its total revenue from traditional communications services including mobile voice, SMS, and fixed voice. The high exposure to legacy services is a concern for the operator as subscribers shift from voice to data services. The heightened competition in the data segment means operators are less likely to offset decline in voice usage with growing data consumption.
- Bharti's digital transformation is focused on customer centricity. The operator's digital efforts are centered on improving customer experience and customer value with the introduction of digital tools. This approach is consistent across both consumer and enterprise customer segments that Bharti serves. Airtel is powering the self-care app,My Airtel with a built-in recommendations engine to enable personalization for highly relevant and contextual service offers.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Bharti Airtel's digital strategy and identifies its main tactics.
- Discusses digital service developments and deployments at Bharti Airtel.
- Reveals Bharti Airtel's approach to digital innovation.
Key questions answered
- What is Bharti Airtel's digital vision?
- What are Bharti Airtel's key focus areas in the digital services segment?
- How is Bharti Airtel leveraging AI and analytics for digital services development?
Table of contents
Bharti Airtel has the third-largest base of mobile subscriptions globally
High exposure to legacy services is a concern for Bharti
RJio reached 20.5% mobile-revenue market share within two years of launch
Unlimited data plans triggered data-savvy user segment
Voice usage reaches peak as VoLTE-enabled feature phones hit low-value segment
Digital services development
Bharti's digital initiatives aimed at driving customer value with analytics and AI
Content portfolio is strengthened by Wynk and Airtel TV
Airtel Money performs strongly with 12.9 million active subscriptions
Bharti's pay-TV strategy aims at integrating linear and on-demand content
Enterprise services: curating a superior online experience for business customers