This profile assesses Axiata Group's (Axiata) digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group's digital businesses.
- Axiata is well placed in many geographical markets with huge consumer and enterprise potential. It also has significant internal capabilities, as evidenced, for example, by Dialog's early forays into API deployment and consumer payments.
- The focus on four core digital verticals since 2016 will allow Axiata to better leverage its multimarket footprint by focusing investment and leveraging expertise across national boundaries.
- While Axiata's recent move to focus its digital efforts will pay dividends, it is several years behind its leading competitors in making this move. Axiata needs to continue to deepen its capabilities in its focus areas and leverage these capabilities more widely across its customer base to achieve profitability.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a comprehensive overview of Axiata's digital strategy and its priority investment areas for digital growth.
- Details the key digital brands being developed by Axiata, their target markets, and investment strategies.
Key questions answered
- Which digital businesses is Axiata focusing on after its 2016 strategy review?
- How has Axiata's digital strategy changed over the last three years?
Table of contents
Axiata Group structure
Axiata's digital businesses
Axiata's Asia market strategy is evolving
Competition is getting tougher in key Axiata mobile markets
Digital service developments
Digital performance boosted by pivot to operations
Priority digital verticals