An analysis of the video-game-related trends as revealed by Ovum's Digital Consumer Insights 2018 survey, and their implications for service providers.
- A clear trend emerges showing that younger users want gaming services in their TV and smartphone packages, and that providers need to move beyond a one-size-fits-all gaming strategy.
Features and Benefits
- Helps service providers understand where their investment would be best spent if they want to lure younger demographics: expensive sports rights or a more prudent gaming investment?
- Provides clarity on how consumers from different markets have different gaming preferences that should help shape strategy.
Key questions answered
- How does a gaming service rank in the list of entertainment options demanded from consumers young and old?
- What specific services could providers offer that might either retain customers or attract new ones?
Table of contents
Gaming should be integral to young consumers' content packages
Gaming offerings can be a key differentiator in a crowded market