Royalty collections in China increased last year for the ninth consecutive year. In September, local authors’ society MCSC published its business report for 2017, confirming that total collections had topped the previous record.
- Digital was the biggest revenue source for Chinese authors, ahead of background music and TV.
Features and Benefits
- Details the 2017 business report published by Chinese authors' society MCSC.
- Examines collections by source and assesses how the authors' society performed last year.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for Chinese authors and publishers?
- Which collections source registered the biggest year-on-year rise last year?
Table of contents
New collection record for Chinese authors
Flat digital collections but growth for background music
Rise in broadcast and mechanical income