This report analyzes the results of Ovum’s Digital Advertising forecast, identifying the formats, devices, and geographies that will offer the greatest opportunities for revenue expansion over the next five years.
- Global digital advertising revenue will grow by $123bn between 2018 and 2023 – far outpacing total ad spend.
- Mobile will account for over 90% of this growth, as advertisers seek to reach consumers on smartphones, where they are spending an increasing amount of time searching for products and consuming media content.
- New technologies, such as AI, voice-activated smart speakers, and personalization tech will present opportunities for new formats and more effective, targeted, and measurable digital advertising.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the results of Ovum’s Digital Advertising Forecast, which covers 67 individual markets plus regional forecasts.
- Identifies which digital ad formats (classifieds, paid search, video display, other display) and devices (mobile, desktop and nonmobile) offer the biggest growth opportunities over the next five years, and why this will be the case.
Key questions answered
- How will the geographic mix of digital ad spending change over the next five years?
- What factors will drive and inhibit growth in the classified, paid search, and display segments?
- What impact will growth in digital advertising spending have across the broader TMT value chain over the next five years?
- How can content owners and media players maximize digital ad revenue despite increasing competition from Google, Facebook, and Amazon between now and 2023?
- What impact is Amazon having on the digital advertising market?
Table of contents
Download 1: Digital Advertising Forecast Report: 2018–23