Ovum's Digital Advertising Forecast: 2018–23 offers a global view of advertiser spending on digital advertising, delivered over the internet to both nonmobile devices (such as desktop PCs and laptops) and mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets).
- Ovum forecasts that total global revenue generated by digital advertising will grow by $123bn between 2018 and 2023, from $272bn to $395bn.
- Mobile revenue, which will overtake desktop and nonmobile revenue in 2018, will represent 65% of total revenue in 2023. This will come as advertisers seek to reach consumers on smartphones, where they are spending an increasing amount of time searching for products and consuming media content.
Features and Benefits
- Provides Ovum's view on the future trajectory of digital advertising revenues.
- Includes digital advertising market sizing and forecasts for 67 individual countries and aggregated forecasts for all of the world's major geographic regions.
- Splits forecasted digital advertising revenues between online classified advertising, paid search advertising, and display advertising.
- Segments display advertising between video display advertising and other display advertising.
- Includes splits between desktop and nonmobile and mobile revenues for the paid search and display segments and subsegments.
Key questions answered
- How will digital advertising revenues grow over the next five years?
- In which countries and regions will digital advertising offer the biggest opportunities through to 2023?
- How big will mobile's share of total digital advertising revenues be over the next five years?
- Which segments and subsegments of the digital advertising market are growing at the fastest rate, and what will their overall share of the market be in 2023?
Table of contents
Download 1: Digital Advertising Forecast: 2018–23