Using Ovum's Operator Video Strategy Framework, this report maps the evolution of Deutsche Telekom's pay-TV and video entertainment business.
- Deutsche Telekom's domestic TV business has been built from scratch, primarily based on the rollout of IPTV services over its national broadband footprint.
- DT historically focused on aggregating and distributing programming from third parties, but the company has recently sought to explore opportunities for differentiation.
- Although as an incumbent telco the company seeks to leverage its leadership in infrastructure and broadband provision, it recognizes the importance of "high-involvement" services such as TV and video in developing an integrated proposition that appeals to a broad customer base.
Features and Benefits
- Maps the development of Deutsche Telekom’s pay-TV and video entertainment business against Ovum's Operator Video Strategy Framework.
- Examines how Deutsche Telekom performs against the Framework's key pillars.
- Presents relevant KPIs highlighting the operator's video business successes.
Key questions answered
- What are the basic strategic foundations on which Deutsche Telekom has built its video entertainment services?
- What are the specific options Deutsche Telekom has chosen to pursue within each of these core strategic foundations?
Table of contents
Download 1: Deutsche Telekom: Video Strategy