The overall market for optical transceivers sold into the datacom market is expected to grow from $1.7bn in 2018 to almost $4.4bn in 2024, a six-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17%. The largest growth will be in 200G modules at 86%.
- 400G products have the highest five-year CAGR, at 80%. This would be even higher if not for the aggressive price erosion. 100G is still expected to grow, but at a much slower rate: 8%.
Features and Benefits
- Compares different data rates and variants.
- Identifies opportunities for optical components suppliers.
Key questions answered
- How steep will the growth of 400G products and other high-speed variants be?
- When will 1G or 10G products be phased out?
Table of contents
Download 1: Datacom Transceiver and AOC Forecast: 2018–24