This report focuses on the datacom market for optical components. It is an in-depth analysis of how the ICPs are driving the market and what products need to be addressed. It presents highlights of Ovum’s six-year forecast along with recommendations for suppliers.
- Even though the short-term market dynamics are in flux, demand for 100G-and-above datacom transceivers remains high. Sales of these products are expected to grow from $1.1bn in 2018 to $4.1bn in 2024, a six-year CAGR of 25%, and they represent the largest portion of the market at nearly 59% of the total in 2018 and 89% in 2024.
Features and Benefits
- This research assesses the datacom market and identifies the drivers that will move it forward. It evaluates the current market dynamics.
- Six-year forecasts identify the optical transceiver variants that will be successful in the market and those that will be in decline.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers enabling the datacom market for the next six years? How will these drivers be implemented in solutions to the market?
- What optical transceiver variants will win in the market? How does optical reach play into what specific products are developed?
Table of contents
The global datacom transceiver market will exceed $4.4bn by 2024
Market forecast drivers and barriers
The cloud market: still a strong driver
ICP capex continues to accelerate
Product group forecasts
A closer look at 400G for datacom
Market scenarios and warning signs
The long-term growth prospects of datacom products remain strong