The overall market for optical transceivers sold into the 100G-and-above datacom market is expected to grow from $1.3bn in 2017 to $4.9bn in 2023, a six-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%.
- ICPs are projected to move to 400G solutions soon. The components community is vigorously working on 400G developments, with early adoption expected in 2019. Volume growth is projected once price-per-bit parity is reached with 100G and ICPs' entire data center ecosystems are revamped for 400G-optics operation.
- Ovum projects that between 2019 and 2023 the 400G-module market will grow at a CAGR of 221%.
Features and Benefits
- Explains the OC datacom market drivers.
- Assesses the needs of primary customers for datacom OCs.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers in the datacom market?
- How will the datacom market grow in the next few years and what products will be needed?
Table of contents
The global datacom transceiver market to exceed $5.2bn by 2023
Long-range market forecast drivers and barriers
The cloud market land grab
ICP capex has grown tremendously
The evolution to a network of data centers
Product group forecasts
AOCs' continuing versatility underpins a $700m market
Multi-mode optics shifting to SWDM and BiDi
Single-mode optics: CWDM4 is the focus
Market scenarios and warning signs
The long-term growth prospects of datacom products remain strong