In this report, Ovum looks at a range of technologies and how they might judiciously be brought to bear to get enterprises off the back and onto the front foot. The underlying challenge, though, is not technology or the lack of it but the people, their orientation toward customers, and their involvement in what for the majority of enterprises will be massive change, enabled in part by new digital means.
- The pace of digital transformation is perilously slow for most businesses but this report offers guidance to solve that.
- The CEO must own CX to create a coherent environment for augmented customer engagement.
- Well-timed technology combinations can accelerate digital business transformation and once the foundations are in place the value in other technologies can be realized.
Features and Benefits
- Provides guidance on evolving faster to a class-leading and differentiated customer engagement capability.
- Evaluates a portfolio of technologies and provides guidance on technology combinations.
Key questions answered
- What is the state of digital transformation and why is it so slow?
- What strategies and approaches can help accelerate digital transformation?
- What technologies are available and how should they be used in combination to deliver more value?
- What is the right sequencing for technology investments?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
The pace of digital transformation is perilously slow for most businesses
Around 70% of enterprises are at risk of becoming irrelevant
Common barriers prevent rapid transformational progress
The CEO must own CX to create a coherent environment for augmented customer engagement
Established enterprises can flourish with visionary leadership
Inditex is customer adaptive by design
The CIO has a critical role to play as developer and guardian of the enterprise architecture
Well-timed technology combinations can accelerate digital business transformation
Observe–orient–decide–act: transformation must be relevant and rapid and tap into higher human values
A variety of technology combinations can accelerate the development of customer engagement capabilities
Technology can lend a helping hand in the explore/decide phase
A broad range of technologies can contribute to the customer engagement foundations, but beware of the limitations
Once the foundations are in place, the value in other technologies can be realized
Microservices offer adaptability and speed
Start with the customer and work backward