This report discusses the impact of COVID-19 on the IoT market, including impact on different industry sectors; recommended strategies for IoT services and solutions providers; and examples of responses from IoT ecosystem players.
- In Omdia’s view, the impact of COVID-19 on IoT will be more one of delay than derailment.
- Enterprises and providers should be ready for a shift in emphasis in some areas of IoT over the coming 24 months, and negative impact on some sectors.
- There will be positive impact on parts of the IoT market, as the virus situation creates a need for, and demonstrates the value of, connected solutions in new areas.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses impact on COVID-19 on IoT opportunities.
- Compares impact and opportunities across different industry verticals.
- Identifies examples of player strategies to respond to the COVID-19 challenge.
- Highlights new use cases emerging in the IoT space to address COVID-19.
- Recommends strategies for IoT ecosystem players.
Key questions answered
- What will the impact of COVID-19 be on IoT opportunities and investment?
- Which industry sectors will feel the most negative impact and which may actually see new IoT opportunities?
- Which new IoT use cases are emerging to address the challenge of the virus?
- What strategies are governments and IoT providers using to address the public health and commercial impact effectively?
- What actions should our organization consider as we plan for the future in this new context?
Table of contents
Download 1: COVID-19 Market Impact: IoT