This report reviews the best-of-breed/suite controversy, past and present, and attempts to hash out the pros and cons of each approach for end users considering implementation, or existing users.
- Best of breed or suite? Which is the best application approach to contact center creation? This report reevaluates the choices in an evolving marketplace.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the choices of application selection in the contact center and the new approaches that are emerging in the industry.
- Analyzes the best-of-breed versus suite controversy in light of new market entrants and the cloud.
Key questions answered
- Is the suite or best-of-breed approach to applications in the contact center the better choice for my enterprise?
- How will open platforms, the cloud, and the growing customer do-it-yourself attitude affect the suite or best-of-breed decision?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
The best-of-breed/suite discussion is ongoing
The pros and cons of a suite
The pros and cons of a best-of-breed approach
Application convergence will drive change
The new players and the cloud are influencing purchase decisions
New entrants bring new ideas
The developer channel will play an amplified role going forward