This forecast sizes the consumer PC market (i.e., excluding enterprise and corporate devices) covering installed base, unit sales (i.e., sell through to consumers), PC households, and PC users across Ovum's tier 1 markets.
- Unit sales of consumer PCs will continue to fall over the forecast period, dropping to under 100 million by 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Provides Ovum's view on the future trajectory of consumer PC sales and active installed bases.
- Includes consumer PC market sizing and forecasts for 20 individual countries and aggregated forecasts for all of the world's major geographic regions.
- Splits forecasted consumer PC installed bases and unit sales between desktop and laptop PCs.
Key questions answered
- Which markets are seeing the biggest growth (or decline) in consumer PC sales and uptake?
- Which markets and regions have the biggest consumer PC installed bases to target with software and other digital media services?
- What is the current breakdown of consumer PC sales and installed bases between desktop and laptop PCs, and how will this change over the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer PC Device Forecast: 2019–24