Consumers play a key role in driving mobile connections and revenues. Ovum predicts consumer mobile revenue will reach $717.0bn by end-2014, up from $660.8bn in 2019. That equates to 1.6% CAGR. Consumer mobile subscribers are tipped to grow a higher 2.1% CAGR between 2019–24.
- Consumer mobile connections are forecast to generate more than $700bn in revenue in five years, with connections set to surpass 8 million.
Features and Benefits
- The consumer is a valuable part of the mobile value chain, and here, we compare the segment's connections and revenue potential by country out to 2024, providing operators and vendors with key growth target markets for investment.
- The forecasts – mobile revenue is split into voice and nonvoice – are a must-have for operators and vendors as they assess 5G-led growth strategies.
Key questions answered
- How big will the consumer part of the mobile revenue pie get over the next five years?
- Will 5G spur a major growth spike in consumer's share of mobile connections between 2019–24?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer Mobile Connections and Revenue Forecast: 2019–24