Consumer eSIM device sales will remain very low due to a lack of any strong desire from either manufacturers or operators. eSIM devices will grow to just under 150 million by 2022, but will still make up only a very small share of all devices sold.
- Consumer eSIM device sales will grow to 8.8 million in 2018. This will still be just 0.4% of potential addressable devices.
- Operators can manage the impact of eSIM by controlling access to their network and only working with selected partners.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the growth in consumer eSIM devices until 2022.
- Analyzes which device manufacturers and internet companies would be best positioned to use eSIM to offer their own mobile services.
Key questions answered
- What will be the driving factors that finally make eSIM a mainstream technology?
- What are the key requirements a non-telco needs to satisfy in order to justify launching their own mobile service?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer eSIM Devices Forecast Update