This report examines all the key products and services from Apple, analyzing how they fit together for Apple’s strategy and what Apple needs to do to continue growing in the future.
- Hardware revenues will always be number one at Apple. Despite Apple’s increasing focus on services, Apple’s services exist to support its hardware sales. Apple is able to earn more from hardware than it would likely be able to do from services.
- iPhone price will continue to increase. Apple has shown that it is not afraid to move to even more premium price points with iPhone, and has done so twice in the past four years. With no organic growth available in Apple’s premium segment, raising pricing further is the only option for Apple to keep growing iPhone revenue.
- Apple will eschew its historic focus on a small number of devices to take advantage of the smart home opportunity. Since the iPod, Apple has focused intently on a very small number of products. This number has crept up over the past few years and Ovum expects Apple to release several more new products to take advantage of the smart home opportunity.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the strengths, weaknesses, and future growth potential of all key Apple products and services.
- Analyzes how these products synergize, and extrapolates to Apple's likely future product releases.
Key questions answered
- How can Apple sustain growth in the face of stagnating smartphone sales?
- How should operators and retailers prepare for Apple to change focus towards the smart home and build many more different devices?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer and Entertainment Profile: Apple