This report examines the AI capabilities of various consumer devices including smartphones, tablets, wearables, VR devices, smart home devices, smart TVs, set-top boxes, and media streamers and analyzes how changing capabilities will affect how the devices are used.
- AI is changing how consumers use their devices and this will not only impact hardware design for specific devices but could potentially enable entirely new device categories.
- AI capabilities are unevenly spread across different device types and that trend will likely exacerbate over time.
- Natural language voice capabilities will be a game changer in terms of gaining consumer acceptance for AI.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how capable different devices are for different AI applications
- Evaluates how AI capabilities will evolve over the next few years
- Discusses what the key drives and inhibitors are behind AI devices growth
Key questions answered
- Which devices have the most and least AI capabilities?
- How are AI capabilities distributed across devices?
- How will AI impact how devices are used and which ones consumers rely on?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer AI Forecast Report: 2018–22