This forecast projects the AI capabilities of various consumer devices including smartphones, tablets, wearables, VR devices, smart home devices, smart TVs, set-top boxes, and media streamers, split by unit sales and installed base.
- 2 billion devices with voice AI capability will be sold in 2020, rising to 2.8 billion in 2025, though this capability will still be mainly found on smartphones.
- The impact of COVID-19 is being felt in all areas of AI capability, with all device sales suffering in 2020 and beyond. Smart home and other emerging niches are particularly hard hit.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the AI capabilities of eight different device segments across 20 key markets.
- Evaluates both the unit sales and the installed base for each of these AI device categories.
Key questions answered
- How widespread are devices capable of interacting with voice assistants such as Alexa or Google Assistant?
- How many devices could provide vital location tracking data for Covid-19 contact tracing apps?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer AI Device Forecast: 2020–25